1974 Datsun 260Z 2+2
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Must see for the collector of these appreciating vehicles
What a unicorn, this car has only traveled 14,707km’s, it has been in storage since it was parked up in 2001.
Original Books with the car
The 260Z was sold in the United States for the 1974 model year only, but was available in other countries until 1978. The engine was enlarged .2 L to 2.6 L by lengthening its stroke. In the US, federal emissions regulations forced a reduction in ignition timing and compression ratio, resulting in a lower power output (140 hp) for the 260Z despite the additional displacement, whereas in other countries the power output increased to 165 bhp (123 kW; 167 PS). There was also a 1974.5 model sold through the second half of 1974 in the US that had the full 165 bhp (123 kW; 167 PS) with the addition of the larger 5 mph safety bumpers, that would become the standard for the 280Z.
A four-speed or 5 speed (non US) manual remained standard equipment, with a three-speed automatic transmission optional.
early 1974 Datsun 260Z 2-seater (US)
A 2+2 model built on a 11.9 in (302 mm) longer wheelbase was introduced, with larger opening quarter panel windows and a slightly notched roofline.
- Engine: 2.6 L (160 cu in) L26 I6, cast-iron block, alloy head, two valve per cylinder, seven-bearing crankshaft, single overhead camshaft
- Displacement: 156.6 cu in (2,565 cc)
- Bore: 83.0 mm (3.27 in)
- Stroke: 79.0 mm (3.11 in)
- Compression ratio: 8.3:1 (93 oct)
- Fuel system: Mechanical fuel pump, twin Hitachi HMB 46W 1.75 in (44 mm) SU-type carburetors
- Power: 162 hp (121 kW) at 5,600 rpm
- Torque: 157 ft⋅lbf (213 N⋅m) at 4,400 rpm
- Transmission: five-speed or four-speed manual or three-speed automatic
- Front: 10.7 in (270 mm) discs front
- Rear: 9.0 in (230 mm) X 1.6 in (41 mm) drums rear, servo assisted
- Total swept area: 393.7 sq in (2,540 cm2)
- Front: Independent with MacPherson struts, lower wishbones, coil springs, telescopic dampers, anti-roll bar
- Rear: Independent with Chapman struts, lower wishbones, coil springs, telescopic dampers
- Steering: rack and pinion, 2.8 turns lock to lock
- Wheels/ tires: 5.5 by 14 in (140 by 360 mm) pressed steel wheels with 195VR14 radial tyres
- Top speed: 127 mph (204 km/h)
- 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h): 8.0 sec
- Fuel consumption: 20 to 28 mpg‑US (11.8 to 8.4 L/100 km; 24 to 34 mpg‑imp)
- Engine oil (sump): 9.0 Imp pints (5.1 liters/10.7 US pints)
- Tare weight: 1,350 kg (2,980 lb)
Please note the Information provided from Wikipedia